Professional Certificate in Strategic Climate Change Adaptation
23rd - 26th May 2016, London, UK
The historic signing of the Paris Climate Deal in December 2015 demonstrates the global commitment to taking ‘urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts,’ as set out by the UN Post-2015 Development Agenda. Climate change adaptation requires universal strategic thinking, transparency and mobilisation, as well as the identification of risks and the adoption of responses critical to any Government’s national plan.
This course will provide those involved in planning for climate change adaptation with a clear understanding of the threats posed by a changing environment as well as the dynamics and challenges of implementing climate change adaptation strategies.
Interactive learning supports participants’ understanding of key issues in climate change adaptation, such as the impact of international agreements on local strategies, designing adaptation legislation and the mobilisation of resources and support. By applying strategic planning tools throughout the training, participants will leave equipped to devise adaptation strategies that consider the long-term trends in sustainable climate policy alongside the importance of government oversight, innovative financial mechanisms and transparency.
A comprehensive analysis of the mechanisms behind strategic climate change adaptation will be provided, with subjects to be discussed including:
- Paris 2015: The outcomes and the consequences
- Implementing climate change adaptation
- Legislation effects of climate change on human systems
- Disaster risk reduction
- Green growth and eco-cities
- Government oversight, adaptation and transparency
- Mobilisation for climate change adaptation
Experts in the field will lead this training through interactive workshops, lectures and best practice case studies, fostering innovation, creative learning and networking amongst peers.
Upon completion of this week-long course and subsequent written tasks, the successful candidate will be awarded a Level 7 CMI certificate in Management & Leadership showing the CMI units achieved. The CMI is the only chartered professional body in the UK dedicated to promoting the highest standards in management and leadership excellence. The professional qualifications offered by the Institute are internationally recognised and sought after.
By the end of the course the delegates will be able to:
- Develop, construct and implement strategic climate change adaptation plans
- Lead effective organisational change
- Apply the key principles of adaptation to their organisation
- Improve legislation and transparency whilst reducing disaster risk
- Analyse, enhance and evaluate performance
- Engage stakeholders and mobilise support to pass effective and enforceable legislation
Click here for further information on the course programme
How You Will Benefit
- The opportunity to gain a recognised professional qualification
- Hear the latest insights, research and developments in climate change adaptation from leading experts
- Network and share ideas with colleagues from around the world
- Enhance your skills and knowledge in the management of strategic climate change adaptation
Click here for further information on why to attend
Book your place